Jonathan Gitelsons works can be found in the following collections:
- Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, Munich, Germany
- George Eastman House, Rochester, NY
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, IL
- Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Boston, MA
- Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY
- Victoria & Albert Museum, London, England
- Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY
"Commonplace things fascinate me. Overheard conversations, chance encounters and found objects are just a few of the seemingly mundane things that have inspired my work. By examining the overlooked artifacts of everyday life such as discarded letters or receipts, I catch a glimpse into the daily lives of people in my community."
Jonathan Gitelson set out in this artistís book to perform to the letter the tasks on a to-do list he found on the street. On the quest for the right items and situations, the artist lets his fecund imagination run riot, giving rise to a special brand of humor that makes this photo volume, crafted with a bookbinderís mastery of the art, an object like no other: for smiling, marveling and collecting.
Jonathan Gitelson was born in New York in 1975 and currently resides in Chicago. He works in the mediums of photography, book arts and film.
Artists: Jonathan Gitelson
19,5 x 24 cm
25 color ill.
Edition of 50